CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Poem from Me to My Father...

You look at me like I’ve lost my mind,

And maybe you are disinclined.

Stuck on the branch, until I was ripe,

Don’t think I did it just for the hype.

There is no joke, there is no man,

There is only me, and my Iman (ee’man meaning faith)

I am your still your daughter

Nothing will change

No need to spray me with holy water.

I’m sorry dear daddy for making you glum

But you have to accept me, for what I’ve become

Nothing you say will change my mind,

So open your eyes and don’t be blind.

I need your love, now and forever

Because this is truly my endeavor.

If you should turn me away for the long run,

Never forget that our ties can never be undone.

For blood is thicker than water

And I will always be your daughter.

Dad, whatever you may think, whatever you may do, in the end I will ALWAYS be there for you.

0 comments: