CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

One Month and the parents are well aware...sort of..

So I told my parents.
About reverting to Islam that is.

Well I sort of told them. What happened was my step sister was on msn, and my father was sitting beside her. She was one of the first people I told. She is agnostic but fully supports me in my decision.
She was the one that told my father. At first he thought it was a joke, then he thought I did it for a man.
No dear father I did it for me. But he cannot understand it. He thinks I will grow out of it.
NEWS FLASH DADDY! You will see me in Hijab one day. See the thing is, he is VERY VERY Racist and prejudice. I do not hold it against him.... He was raised by his parents who are the same. Inshallah every new generation of people will become more tolerant of others. He will not accept it for a long time. He thinks all Muslims are dirty. You know what? It's hard to blame him where there are so many people out there that call themselves Muslim but don't have a Muslim bone in their body! (Meaning they don't live Islamically, they live culturally.) Moving along... I told my father, but was even more scared to tell my mother, and my aunt whom she lives with. Why? Well because they are both born again Christians!! I was scared that they would try and pray demons out of me for accepting Islam. When my mother found out, she was in shock. She also thought I had done it for a man, and said she hoped I would grow out of it. Alhamdulilah she is not like my father, and actually listened to my reasoning. She was upset needless to say. My Aunt, who is the MOST religious person, was actually the one that was most accepting of it. She told my mom that " God works in mysterious ways, let her be" MASHALLAH!!! I have the support of the two most important people in my life!!!
So far I have told many people... one by one, my step sister, my sister, my cousin, my room mates, all of whom have been so supportive. I told many of my friends at school Mashallah. My extended family does not know, except for one Aunt, who basically told me she thought all Muslims are filth (my Dad's sister, see it runs in the family)
I am making new Muslim friends everyday and I feel truly blessed by Allah.

If you have any questions PLEASE don't hesitate to ask!!!! May Allah Bless you!

0 comments: